Saturday, September 20, 2008

First Things First

Welcome one and all to what will surely go down in history as the greatest gift to humanity ever bestowed by a single person. From this day forward, this blog will host the day-to-day thoughts of yours truly, everyone's favorite Heathen viking werewolf narcissist, T.J.! Now let's hit on some basics.

Reasons why you might be here:
1. You met me on the internet and I bugged you to check out my stupid blog, or perhaps you got curious and clicked on a link in a forum signature. If that is the case, you may know me as AsaTJ, Farnul, AnubisTJ, or going back even further, Tsumari. Yes, the same Tsumari that used to troll Yahoo chat roleplay in the good ol' days. Anyone form that community that can prove they knew me can e-mail me, and I'll send you a free cookie! Maybe. I'm also listed on Facebook as "Njargrad the Red."

2. You know me from my podcast, Wolf-Blooded Gamer (wolfbloodtj.libsyn.com, or find it in the podcasts directory on iTunes.) If that's the case, you might be bored as hell by this blog as it will have a lot more to do with my personal adventures, with a little bit of gaming stuff thrown in. Alright, probably a lot of gaming stuff-- but I'll cover that later.

3. You know me from World of Warcraft. I played WoW beore it became cool. I was a closed beta tester, and I've played on and off for the past four years. Anyone who does not play, just keep scrolling down. I'll try to cover all of the names I've used in a more than passing fashion....
-Trathas (Human Paladin - Dalaran)
-Tsumari (Human Paladin - Whisperwind)
-Grobhal (Orc Warrior - Whisperwind)
-Trathas (Human Paldin - Formerly Emerald Dream, Transferred to Moon Guard - MAIN)
-Wulfgrath (Orc Shaman - Moon Guard)
-Syrandaen (Blood Elf Rogue - Ursin)
-Rythorim (Blood Elf Mage - Ursin)
-Grolgar (Orc Warrior - Ursin)
Which characters I play actively shifts depending on my mood, but the majority of my /played is on Moon Guard Trathas, and I consider that to be my home server. RP forever!

4. You *gasp* know me in real life! If that's the case, you'll probably see a new side of me here. There are many things I feel comfortable writing that I wouldn't normally say out loud. In all realtiy, about 98% of my real-life acquaintances are not the target audience for this blog. More on that later.

Things I will talk about on this blog:
1. Random shit that happens to me. Everyone has those interesting stories that pop up out of every day life, and I plan to publish the ones that are worthy of sharing.

2. Shit that irritates me. Often I come across something so completely rediculous that I want to jam my face repetedly into a cement highway divider. I will present instances of this phenomenon here, along with my suggestions on what should be done about it.

3. Stuff about games. I already do a lot of this on the podcast, but let's face it: games are a constant factor in my life. I couldn't really do a blog about me without the occasional update on my adventures in Azeroth or a recap of a recent World of Darkness session. The podcast format also lends itself more to casual back-and-forth, so this blog will differ in the sense that you'll see more "essay style" reviews of games and things like that.

4. My opinions. I think my opinions matter. As a matter of fact, I think they're better than your opinions. And yours. And you in the back there: come on? You call those valid opinions? I've eaten sandwiches with more informed opinions. Anyway, expect to hear a lot of that, and feel free to post your futile dissenting points. Just be aware that: a) If your argument is not well supported, I won't waste my time responding to it and b) I am writing a personal blog, and there's only so much long-winded argumentation I can put up with on a regular basis. I reserve the right to respond to any and all criticism with: "Whatever, I'm going to go watch Lost and pretend I didn't see that." In short: feel free to disagree, just don't expect me to care 100% of the time.

5. More of me talking to myself! That's right, this is a multimodal blog. In addition to text entries, I'll also be occasionally posting links to mini audio entries. Lucky you!

6. Free speech. I'm not going to censor myself here. All topics are open: religion, politics, baby kicking (I'm strongly against it), Pirates vs Ninjas (*cough*pirates*cough*), etc. I'm also not what you'd call a prolific puruser of profanity, but I want to make it clear that this is an uncensored blog, so if you are bothered by four-letter words beginning with "f" and ending with "uck," this is not going to be the blog for you.

I think that basically covers everything that needs to be covered for now. Next entry: some important things about me. See you then.

No comments: